Friday, November 5, 2010

Love this blog!

Hello Ya'll from your transplanted southern family member! I am happy to have another way to keep in touch with my family members. It makes it a little easier to be away from you all! We have been so busy within the last week. Last Friday night, Alexa's cheer sqaud had a end of season party at a friend's house. It was really cool, they have an outdoor movie screen and the girls had a chance to watch themselves cheering and dancing in a regional competition. Then, Sat. we had a bday party for both the girls at McDonald's. I know mc d parties used to be super popular when I was young, but Pay attention young mothers: to have a party there it was $5.40 a child! I couldn't do a party at home that cheap! The kids had a blast and they all wore their costumes. I was very impressed! Of course we did go trick or treating on Halloween. I woke up that morning with a terrible pulled neck muscle that took until today (friday) to feel completely better. Then, Alexa got a stomach virus, and Alanna got strept throat. Needless to say, they are both on the mend, but I am getting cabin fever! Jim is good, he had a horrible virus last week. Will it ever stop?? Being home so much makes me miss my job, my co workers, and my students. I am so blessed that God led me to this work. I have the sweetest little students who add so much to my life, regardless of their very rare disabilities. I ask not only prayers for my own children, but for my children at school- my students. This is the time of year that one or more of them may end up in the hospital due to viruses and sickness. They are all medically fragile, so any prayer and positive thinking will be appreciated. On the other hand, each of them are fighters! Timmy just celebrated his 7th bday, they never though he would live past infancy! You go Timmy! I miss you all and look forward to keeping up with you all through the blog! Ps- memories of my grandparents In college mom picked me up from waiting tables late night. we drove to grandma winters house and she was wide awake, having full conversations with her plants, listening to her radio, and cooking. we stayed up late laughing and sitting around her kitchen table! Grandpa winters always had his harmonica in his pocket. Of course, I thought this was soley for his grandchildren's entertainment. It never crossed my mind as a child that his music blessed our entire family, including him. my memories of him almost always consisted of him and his harp!

1 comment:

Denise said...

VV, so nice to read your post even though there's so much sickness going on. Hope it passes quickly. Love the pics and hearing about your class. Chuckled with your observations about mom and dad. Glad you like the blog; Amy did a nice job. aunt d